Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Country Girl

Today started out pretty interesting. Last night I put Cecelia to bed in her princess night gown. I call it her princess night gown not because it has princesses on it, but because she looks like a princess in it. (Picture 1) However, I woke up to a bare bottom baby and a very wet crib. My goodness. So I got her up, put a clean diaper on her, and let her run around semi-naked all day. (Picture 2)



That back fired too. She kept pulling on it and if she wasn't working on being a plumber, she was taking it off. So I just decided to get her dressed.  The rest of the day we just hung out not doing much of anything.


After going a little crazy from being around the house all day, (as shown in the picture above) we went to the park with Aunt Shelby! We had a great time swinging and sliding down the slides!


Being a long weekend, I have my sights set on making something to hold my text books in my car. So if I actually get around to it, I'll make sure I do a DIY. :] What do you like to do during long weekends? I hope everyone has a safe and exciting holiday weekend!



OH! In case you were wondering, this post has absolutely nothing to do with the title. It's just been the song stuck in my head for the past week. Which if you know me, you know it's pretty weird. I don't listen to much country. Shelby is the redneck of the family. ;] It's "Country Girl (Shake It for Me)" by Luke Bryan.

Shake it for the young bucks sittin' in the honky-tonks
For the rednecks rockin' till the break of dawn
For the DJ spinnin' that country song
Come on, come on, come on
Shake it for the birds, shake it for the bees
Shake it for the catfish swimming down deep in the creek
For the crickets and the critters and the squirrels
Shake it to the moon, shake it for me girl


1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Elora hasn't gone through a take-her-clothes-and-diaper-off stage. Hehe...babies are the only ones who can pull off the plumber look!

    ReplyDelete